Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Here I am send me."

Isaiah Chapter 1-6

I first read Isaiah Chapter 1-6, then I read *The King James Study Bible and I was able to understand the connection between Isaiah's name and his calling. After you read it make a comment about your understanding.

*"Isaiah, the son of Amoz, was one of the most prominent citizens of Jerusalem, having access to both the royal and priestly leadership of the nation of Judah. His Hebrew name Yesha-Yahu, means 'Yahweh is Salvation'. The significance of his name is revealed in his prophetic ministry, because he came on the scene of Judah's history at a time when it was of the utmost importance for the people to realize that salvation was of the Lord, and not merely by human efforts. Isaiah found himself standing against the threat of Assyria's rising imperialism and the emergence of a spirit of universalism which began to turn the chosen people from the Lord."
The King James Study Bible Copyright 1988 by Liberty University


Here is a question for you. In Isaiah 1-6, "Here I am send me" is found in which chapter and verse.?

No comments:

Post a Comment